The Covid-19 pandemic impacted almost all sectors of commercial real estate to some degree. The emergence of vaccinations means that many investors are feeling encouraged — but still cautious — about the future of CRE lending. “The debt markets are fairly active right now, but not for all product classes,” says Steve Stein, managing partner at Tauro Capital Advisors in this podcast. “The one that has been the red-headed stepchild has been hospitality, [although] I think that will change.”
Stein joins Greg Aguirre, president and CEO of Capital Rivers, on the podcast to discuss current debt and equity markets and how the CRE lending environment may shift this year.
Other topics covered include:
- Changes in the retail landscape — and why retail is not dead.
- Possible changes in commercial real estate leases.
- How current borrower concerns compare to lender priorities.
- Rate insights and trends for various loan types, including commercial mortgage-backed securities (CMBS).
- Geographic differences in commercial real estate lending activity.
- Why credit unions may be best choice for commercial loans.
Capital Rivers is constantly staying up to date with commercial real estate news. To learn more about this and future updates from Capital Rivers Commercial, Subscribe To Our Newsletter!