Written by: Capital Rivers Commercial
When it comes to commercial real estate investing, off-market properties can be a great way to gain access to unique and potentially profitable deals. By hiring a broker with Capital Rivers Commercial our team will execute all of these steps for you. These properties are not listed on the open market and often require a bit of extra effort to find. Here are a few strategies to help you find off-market commercial real estate investments:
- Networking: We have a network of industry professionals such as real estate agents, brokers, and other investors that is a great way to learn about off-market properties. Often, we will hear about deals before they hit the market and can provide valuable information on potential investments.
- Direct mail marketing: We constantly send direct mail marketing materials to property owners and landlords through our internal app and through marketing campaigns to get the owners potentially interested in selling their properties. This strategy can be particularly effective for reaching landlords who are considering selling but haven’t listed their property yet.
- Drive by and knock on doors: If you’re looking for off-market properties in a specific area, we take a drive around the neighborhood and look for properties that may be in need of some repairs or have been vacant for some time. If we find a property that interests us we will knock on the door and introduce ourselves to the owner.
- Use online resources: There are online resources such as Reonomy, LoopNet, and CoStar that provide detailed information on commercial properties, including ownership records and recent sales. This can be a great way to identify properties that may be in a position to sell and have not been publicly listed. These resources come at a hefty cost that we have access to.
- Join local real estate investment groups: We are involved with local and national real estate investment groups and this is a great way to connect with other investors and learn about potential off-market properties.
- Look for motivated sellers: With our network and resources we Capital Rivers has access to motivated sellers. They are more willing to sell off-market because they need to sell quickly or they don’t want the hassle of listing their property publicly.
Keep in mind that off-market properties may require more research and due diligence than publicly listed properties. Our team will thoroughly research any potential investments and consult with professionals such as real estate agents, attorneys, and accountants before making a decision.
Finding off-market commercial real estate investments requires a bit of extra effort, but it can be a great way to gain access to unique and potentially profitable deals. By hiring the right broker and using Capital Rivers vast network of resources we can help you find off-market commercial real estate investments.
Capital Rivers Commercial Philosophy
We understand commercial real estate is complicated. To help our clients maximize their efforts with franchise investment opportunities, Capital Rivers Commercial in Sacramento operates in a collaborative environment. All of our brokers specialize in a specific sector of commercial real estate, but we work together to share industry expertise and market knowledge. This approach allows us to have many resources available when working on a project. The variety of expertise developed in our careers prior to and at Capital Rivers benefits the real estate brokers when working with franchisees and franchisors.
At Capital Rivers Commercial, we blend leading technology with old-school work ethic. We love discussing commercial real estate, especially when it comes to franchisees and franchisors. If you are interested in learning more, sign up for our email blast or contact us today. You can check out out current commercial real estate listings.