The pandemic’s impact on business is creating renewed interest in subleasing, especially for businesses that may be unable to re-open their doors or to meet their rental obligations, according to Scott Toussaint, general counsel for Capital Rivers. “Subleasing is, in a lot of ways, the most obvious and most commonly utilized exit strategy,” said Toussaint in this podcast discussing the pros and cons of subleasing.
Listen as Toussaint discusses:
- Other exit strategies for businesses struggling to meet their lease obligations.
- Circumstances under which a sublease is a good idea.
- Realistic considerations for businesses wanting to undertake a sublease.
- Examples of the downsides of subleasing.
- Potential complexities of sublease contracts
Capital Rivers is constantly staying up to date with commercial real estate news. To learn more about this and future updates from Capital Rivers Commercial,